Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Getting on my Nerves

My husband and I have discovered how to eat less when we go out......sit in a section with a really bad waiter. Tonight when we left for dinner we were both really hungry and so we picked a spot we knew to have good food. Once we were seated we were greeted by an overly friendly waitress.
The waitress insisted on making not so funny jokes and trying to carry on full blown conversations with us. I'm all about being friendly with waiters and getting to know them, but I want to eat too. Her voice carried across that whole side of the resturant and sent chills down my back.
The food was good this evening, I started with clam chowder (a must when visiting the northeast). I only had the small cup and was getting "full" before I had even finished half of it. By the time my main dish arrived, shrimp and mashed potatos I could hardly swallow more than a few bites. My meal included what they call a petite dessert (literaly 3-4 bites of cake) and of course I was able to finish that ;)
As we were walking into the hotel this evening we were both feeling as though we were hungry (we plan to warm up the left overs soon). We began discussing how rude or obnoxious people in general lately have really affected us. We tend to change where we sit, events we attend, and even how much we eat when we are around them.
So please take note all you obnoxious people, you are not the only people in the world (or room) and my patience is running thin!
 BTW, my loving husband just informed me that "patience" is singular....I know this when I see it but it's not how how I think of it. I think of patience as a bunch a fish in a pond and everytime someone gets on your nerves a fish gets pulled out. Once you run out you have to wait for it to be restocked! So while I know that it's "patience is" please understand where I am coming from when I say "patience are" because to me it makes more sense.

1 comment:

Warren said...

I <3 FISH!

Maybe we need to find better restaurants to eat at... what say ye? Or at least get to know the staff a little to see if we can even stand being there (regardless of how good the food may be).