Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dougal

My little dog is so funny. He is a 15lb, black and white Shih Tzu and he has a personality all his own. He really thinks everything is supposed to revolve around him. Anyway, yesterday after taking him on an afternoon walk I put him in the car and went to Wendy's. He already does not like riding in a car and after I got my food he was really not happy. Lately he thinks he is supposed to eat people food..not sure why. Anyway, on the way back he just would not sit still, he kept bouncing around and trying to look out the window. Once we got in the parking lot at the apartment I opened the door to let him out while I got my stuff together before we went upstairs. Usually when I do this he runs over to the side of the building, does his business and then meets me by the walkway. This day was different though, he did not make it up onto the grass and when I walked over to him he would not look at me and was acting sneaky. It didn't take long before I realized that he had something in his mouth he was trying to hide, a rather large something. I told him to "drop it", a command that he knows and 9 times out of 10 obeys immediately. Well, needless to say, this was one of those rare times he did not obey so I knew that it had to be something good, something he really wanted. Upon trying to get whatever this object was out of his mouth he tried to run. Thinking about it now, it must have been a very humorous sight. Anyway, after catching him I discovered that it was a very large bite of a honey bun and that he was VERY determined to eat it. I tried everything I could think of to get him to drop it but had to finally just pry it out of his mouth. He was very sad and tried to pout. He ran away, all the way up to the second floor and didn't even stop to potty. He's good at pouting and usually if left alone will come back out to play shortly but I knew that if I let him go upstairs without going potty he would decide that he really needed to go about the time I was in the middle of something. So I went up the the second floor, put his leash on, and took him on another walk. By the time I got back upstairs, my lunch was very cold. So, I just want to thank you neighbor, whoever you are for leaving part of your snack on the ground...

No comments: