Monday, May 23, 2011

Pasta Sauce

So today I made some pasta sauce.....I know totally cool right! Anyway, it's been on my to-do list for a while. I'm really trying to incorporate more homemade (organic when possible) foods into our diet and this was just one step closer.
I only made a small batch (4 jars) so I can test it and make adjustments as needed but it has promise. I gave Warren a small bowl of it to sample with some bread and there was no trace of it when he returned the bowl , which may or may not be saying anything for those of you who know how my husband eats ;)
I hope to try it out later in the week when my parents come up for dinner!
Next on my list is homemade yogurt! I attempted to make some already but the power went out mid process! Warren insisted that it was fine but I was a little nervous having never made it and working with bacteria and all. I will pick up the ingredients to make a new batch at the grocery tomorrow. Look for a post in the next few days with the verdict :)

1 comment:

Warren said...

I will attest to its tastiness =D