Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Truly Sad

When I was in college I was unfortunate enough to visit one of these "churches". It made me really appreciate the solid teaching from my home church. I am more open to varying styles of worship and preaching than I use to be, but it MUST come from God! It you are doing it or saying it just to draw larger crowds without receiving specific instruction from Him, then your work will be in vain and you will have a negative impact on the people. Our God is radical and will make Himself known through magnificent means, he doesn't need our "help" to make the message exciting or popular!
Actually, He even told us it would be unpopular! So why are we trying so hard to conform His message into what the world wants, trying to make it entertaining?

Here's the video............

1 comment:

Warren said...

wow

that is both the most disturbing, and sadly-too-true account of modern "churches" in America I have ever seen :(