Monday, April 1, 2013

Energy Savings

So sometimes Warren thinks I'm a little obsessive when it comes to conserving power and lowering our bills. I like to keep our TV, Wii, and DVD player on a surge protector and at night I flip the switch to completely cut off all the power. When we are not in a room the light must be turned off. I use as low a watt bulb as possible in all our lights. Keep the heat set low and air dry clothes on nice days.

Over the last couple years this has really paid off, and our power bill has dropped tremendously! Last week I got this nice little letter in the mail from our power company that showed our average usage and compared it to 100 other comparable homes in my area. Needless to say...we are energy saving superstars :)


They estimated that we saved over $400 dollars last year!!! Wahoo!

No comments: