Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer Update

This summer, Warren and I began the journey of international adoption. It's a very long and tedious process, but we are happy to say that we have the largest part of our paperwork, called a Dossier, complete. You can read more about that journey at  http://growingfaithandfamily.blogspot.com.

I've also been busy canning. So far, I think we are stocked on spaghetti sauce, jams, salsas, and blueberries/peaches. I still have a ton of green beans left from last year, which is good because they were nutty expensive this year. I've discovered that I really enjoy the activity, and once I get started I want to can everything....that is until I begin the clean-up process at which point I vow not to can anything again.

I've spent many afternoons working on some embroidery. I found a set of quilt blocks at Hobby Lobby and am determined to learn how to put it all together. There are 12 squares, each with a mason jar in it, and in each mason jar has a different bug or animal like a butterfly or turtle. 

We've also had the opportunity to visit with Warren's parents. Joe was in a national 8-Ball tournament in Nashville, TN around the end of June beginning of July. They decided to drive down for the event, so they stayed with us for a few days on their way down and way home. 

Other than that, it's been uneventful here. Warren and I are doing great, I could not have been blessed with a better husband. We are growing our love, faith, and commitment for each other stronger every day and are eager to add to our family. 

No comments: