Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year's

My birthday was Dec. 30 and so my wonderful husband had some great things planned for us to celebrate it and new years.

We started the celebration on the 31st when we took his Escape to a local dealer and traded it in for a brand new 2012 Ford Fusion!!! The Escape had a TON of miles on it but mostly, it was starting to have several problems that were going to cost more than would be worth to fix. So, we opted for a family- and gas-friendly car. I miss having the storage and space with the SUV, but I do love my car...it's so much fun!


Later that evening we took Bella over to the family that her brothers are with so that she could spend new year's with them. So, for the second time that week I was able to have an evening with my husband with no kids :)  Warren took me to dinner at The Melting Pot, our favorite place to celebrate special occasions. We made it home just in time to bring in the new year! It was very different from last year when we had company, Steven (Warren's friend), and we went out to a local spot downtown to listen to a band.

We spend the first day of 2012 in church, as is our usual routine on Sundays, where we picked Bella back up. It was a great beginning to a new year!

No comments: