Saturday, August 6, 2011

Blog Name

How my blog got it's name!
I have always loved ladybugs! I started to collect small ladybug items in high school and continued through college. When I was in college I joined a sorority, Omega Phi Alpha and our local mascot was the ladybug (national mascot was Ophia aka Raggedy Ann) This made collecting a lot easier!
The problem after graduation was what was I suppose to do with all this ladybug stuff? I gave a lot of it away to other underclass sisters to help them in their collections and kept the items that meant the most to me.
People were so use to buying ladybug items for me that it sort of became my "identity". I even have cousins who call me ladybug and when my real name is mentioned they don't know who you are talking about ;)
Now that Warren and I have moved into a rental home, I thought that I wanted to decorate the kitchen in all my ladybug stuff, but I have since changed my mind and decided on a different approach.
So, while I no longer feel the need/desire to go out and buy every ladybug thing I see, the name "ladybug" is now forever a part of who I am.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Fun! I was in fact wondering...